Privacy and Disclosure
We use ‘cookies’ to allow us to monitor traffic patterns and to serve you more efficiently if you revisit this website. A cookie does not identify you personally but may identify your computer. You can use your Internet browser to notify you when you receive a cookie and this will allow you to accept or reject it. If you choose not to accept a cookie, then this may mean you may not be able to take full advantage of this website.
We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information which we hold about you, and to keep this personal information accurate and up to date. Your personal information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. We require our employees and data processors to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. Unfortunately, no security system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure so we cannot give an absolute assurance that the personal information you provide to us will be secure at all times. We will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information. Please note also that we may use overseas facilities to process or back up its data which may contain your personal information. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to our overseas facilities for storage. However, this does not change any of our commitments to safeguard your privacy.
We take reasonable steps to preserve the security of personal information held by us. Your use of the internet and transmission of personal information via the internet is at your own risk. If you require a copy or have any questions about our privacy policies please contact us. Orivet Genetic Pet Care Limited reserves the right to amend its privacy policies without notice.
Information We Collect
We generally collect the following information:
- Information we receive when you use our Services.
- Information you share directly with us.
- Information from our DNA testing services.
How We Use Information
We generally process Personal Information for the following reasons:
- To provide our Services.
- To analyze and improve our Services.
- For Orivet Research, with your consent.
Control: Your Choices
Orivet gives you the ability to share information in a variety of ways. You choose:
- When and with whom you share your pet’s information, including friends, family members, health care professionals, or other individuals outside our Services, including through third party services that accept Orivet data and social networks.
- To give or decline consent for Orivet Research. By agreeing to the Individual Data Sharing Consent Document, or participating in a Orivet Research Community you can give consent for the use of your individual data for scientific research purposes.
- To delete your Orivet account and data, at any time.
Access To Your Information
Your Personal Information may be shared information in the following ways:
- With our service providers, including our genotyping laboratory, as necessary for them to provide their services to us.
- With research collaborators, only if you have given your explicit consent.
Orivet will not sell, lease, or rent your individual-level information to any third party or to a third party for research purposes without your explicit consent.
- We do not share customer data with any public databases.
- We will not provide any person’s or pet’s data to an insurance company or employer.
- We will not provide information to law enforcement or regulatory authorities unless required by law to comply with a valid court order, subpoena, or search warrant for Personal Information.
How We Secure Information
- Orivet implements measures and systems to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Orivet data.
- De-identification/Pseudonymization, encryption, and data segmentation. Registration Information is stripped from Sensitive Information, including genetic and phenotypic data. This data is then assigned a random ID so the person who provided the data cannot reasonably be identified. Orivet uses industry standard security measures to encrypt sensitive personal data both when it is stored (data-at-rest) and when it is being transmitted (data-in-flight). Additionally, data are segmented across logical database systems to further prevent re-identifiability.
- Limiting access to essential personnel. We limit access of information to authorized personnel, based on job function and role. Orivet access controls include multi-factor authentication, single sign-on, and a strict least-privileged authorization policy.
- Detecting threats and managing vulnerabilities. Orivet uses state of the art intrusion detection and prevention measures to stop any potential attacks against its networks. We have integrated continuous vulnerability scanning in our build pipeline and regularly engage third party security experts to conduct penetration tests
This Disclaimer applies to the activities of Orivet Genetic Pet Care Limited (ABN 67303247931) (“ORIVET GENETIC PET CARE Lab”, “we”, “us” or “our”) in relation to your use of this website. This Disclaimer applies to your use of this website, including the use of the information and services offered on or through this website. In using this website, you agree to be bound by terms of this Disclaimer. If you do not accept the terms of this Disclaimer, you must refrain from using this website. This Disclaimer must be read in conjunction with any other applicable terms and conditions governing the use of this website. This Disclaimer supersedes all prior agreements in relation to use of this website and we reserve the right to revise this Disclaimer from time to time without notice. Any such changes will be posted on this website. Your continued use of this website will constitute your acceptance of the variation of this Disclaimer. These terms and conditions must be read in conjunction with the Privacy Statement.
You agree that you must use this website in accordance with the terms of this Disclaimer and that you will not use this website for any unlawful purpose or to facilitate any such unlawful purpose. You must not violate, attempt to violate, degrade the security systems of or “hack” this website. “Hack” means gaining control of, denying access to or unauthorised access to this website (including using another member’s username and password), causing malicious damage or interference with this website’s operations and includes: mail bombing; propagating viruses, worms or other types of malicious code; deliberate attempts to overload a computer system; broadcast attacks or any other method designed to damage, degrade or interfere with the operation of a computer system or website.
In compiling this website we have endeavoured to take reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of the information at the time of publication. We take no responsibility for any error or defect within the website or that all of the content provided on the website will be current, complete and accurate and we are not liable to you to the extent that the content on the website is not current, is incorrect or incomplete. The information contained on this website serves as a guide only. We shall not be liable for any accidents, injury, irregularity, loss or damage caused by or arising as a result of your reliance on information contained on this website. Furthermore, the information on this website must not be relied on as a prospectus or a formal support to any capital raising activities and Orivet Genetic Pet Care shall not be liable to you to the extent of any such reliance. We reserve the right to add, modify or discontinue any of the services offered by us at any time without notice. We will not be held liable for any decision to modify or discontinue a service. Links to third party websites and content are provided for convenience only and are not under our direct control. We are not responsible for, and make no representations in relation to the content of a third party website nor can we guarantee or accept responsibility for their privacy practices. Any links provided on this website to third party websites and content in no way indicates, whether expressly or impliedly, that we endorse that third party website and content.
We neither warrant nor represent that this website will be continuously available and you acknowledge that this website may experience down-time, either scheduled or unscheduled, from time to time. We will endeavour to take reasonable steps to ensure that this website’s downtime is limited to a reasonable period of time. We will not be held liable for any loss or damage suffered by you arising (whether directly or indirectly) from this website’s down-time.
Other than for your own individual use, reproduction (whether part or all) of the content on this website in any form is prohibited other than for individual use only, and the content of this website may not be copied or otherwise shared with any third parties. Without limitation, you agree that you will not print, distribute, display, sell, publish, broadcast, circulate, disseminate or commercially exploit, in any form or by any method whatsoever, part or all of the contents of the website, or incorporate the website material, or any part of it, in any work or publication, whether in hard copy, electronic, or any other form. Unless otherwise noted, all content on this website is protected as the copyright, trade dress, trademarks and/or other intellectual properties owned by Orivet Genetic Pet Care or by other parties that have licensed their material to Orivet Genetic Pet Care. All rights not expressly granted are reserved.
To the extent permitted by law, Orivet Genetic Pet Care excludes all liability for loss or damage suffered by you, (including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, loss of profits or revenue, business interruption, loss of data or failure to realise anticipated savings or benefits or business opportunities) that you may suffer as a result of: • your use or reliance on any information on this website or provided through this website; • you accessing or using this website; • the interrupted, degraded or reduced performance of this website for whatever reason; or • any interruption, suspension or termination of this website for whatever reason.
Orivet Genetic Pet Care’ exclusion of liability applies whether the claim is in contract, tort (including without limitation, negligence) or equity and even if Orivet Genetic Pet Care has been notified of the possibility of such loss or damage.
You agree that our liability to you at law (if any) will be reduced by the extent to which you contributed to the loss. You acknowledge that you are obliged to take all reasonable steps to mitigate such loss.